Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Weeds, Facebook and Getting Things Done.

  So I cleaned outside instead of going on Facebook this morning. It's still not totally clean but I moved all the wood from Saturday's project, which still needs to be finished but hey. I'm liking how the results are looking. It looks like three of my plants didn't survive; sage (I still have doubts), rosemary, and oregano. The savory and thyme are sprouting back. A tomato plant, or two are sprouting. And the catnip is pulled up, which I sort of feel bad for but like any other mint it runs amok if not contained. I sprayed the patio down. I'll finish this either tomorrow or Friday. I also want to pick up the side yard; it's not ours but it is attached to our house. It's too small to build anything on even though at one time there was a structure there. You can see the foundation it's like an ancient ruin sticking out of the dirt. The last time we looked it belong to some woman in New Jersey but taxes on it haven't been paid for a while. I want clean it up and plant some flowers. Maybe people will stop throwing their 40's and trash on it. Our neighbors across the street don't deserve to look at that, nor does anyone. I was thinking about planting raspberries for the neighbor hood kids to eat, but they spread. I also don't want to be excuse of bringing rats to our neighborhood or some shit like that. Flowers will be nice. Ideas, it's nice to have them. I'd also like the pocketbook to fund them.

 I have a long time friend coming over this weekend. She is one of the coolest ladies I know. She use to own and run a coffee house that I loved, it was called Klekolo, (read about them here:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gina-athena-ulysse/klekolo-coffee_b_2276740.html) I've known her since she opened the shopped. She also has great bonfires at her home. Okay, now I am missing home. My true home. Just thinking about Middletown is making me smile but I'm thinking about how it was when I left. Tibetan Buddhist monks on the corner, a Hindu temple on the outskirts, the river, and knowing people. That use to bug me, but I sort of miss it. I miss running into people. I think that is why I use Social Media. It's like bumping into a friend at the grocery store, or a coffee house. I've reconnected with people that were really special to me and still are. Hollie is one of them. Usually I'd be on Facebook to try to communicate with her, but instead we are using the phone.

 I have to admit I accidentally clicked on the Facebook bookmark, yes it was an accident. I was trying to refresh the page I was on. It was closed immediately. Jon kept showing me pictures our friend Richard was posting of himself. They were funny. I yelled at him, admittedly it was after the third one.


No comments:

Post a Comment