Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Later.

So it's later, about nine hours or so later. I was greeted at Union Station by Jon and our dog, Jackson, who is now sitting at my feet. I'm home and in my shorts listening to the microwave defrosting what will be part of our dinner and watching the dog as I type this. He's laying on my feet, which feels nice. I like this tactile comfort, well I like tactile comfort period. I like feeling touch. It's such a grounding feeling. Giving Facebook up was a lot easier then I thought it would be. I thought it would be harder. It could have been and at one time I don't think I could. But I am now. Half of the ease of it was keeping my mind distracted and keeping myself busy. It's definitely true that it's harder when you dwell on something that you don't have, because you see it all around you. You just notice it more. This is has got me wondering and asking why do I even need a smart phone? I can see a cell, but to be honest I only got mine in 2006, eight years ago. And a cell would have been mighty handy in the days of dial up, especially since we only had one line.
I'm over hearing a conversation between Jon and his mother, sometimes I feel guilty about leaving work to go to school. Financially it seems to have hurt us but Jon feels stuck in his job. He's supportive of me going back to school, and we both know we'll be better off once I am done but honestly I have tremendous guilt about that. I carry a lot of guilt around though. ALOT.
The house is quiet, downtime has crept in as I am waiting to make the rest of dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment